University of Ghana/ Fondazione Edu Scholarships for 2017/ 2018
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) of the University of Ghana is accepting 2017/18 applications for the award of the Fondazione Edu scholarship scheme for Level 100 students from areas of need.
DEADLINE for the submission of the applications is FRIDAY OCTOBER 20TH, 2017 at 3:00pm
The Scholarship will cover tuition, books, as well as room and board, and will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards of at least a B average of 3.00 CGPA continue to be met and need is demonstrated.
You are eligible to apply if in addition to UG-SFAO eligibility requirements you:
1. Are a Level 100 student.
2. Obtained an aggregate of 14 or better at the WASSCE.
3. Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educationally related expenses.
4. Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance, and success in other pursuits).
5. Continuing science student with CGPA 3.75 and above (very limited slots)
Download and Submit a completed FE- SFAO FORM AF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades) letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support this application:
• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
• High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
• West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
• University Acceptance Letter
• Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm that you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
It is important that your eligibility for student financial aid be based upon accurate information. In doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support, and that the integrity of the University of Ghana Students Financial Aid programme is preserved.
Read more: SCHOLARSHIP LINK