International Students Scholarship at University of British Columbia, Canada
The University of British Columbia invites applications for its international students’ scholarship ie International Leader of Tomorrow Award. Winners receive awards proportional to financial need. Financial need is determined by tuition, fees, and living costs, minus the financial contribution you and your family can make annually. A standard needs-assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less. Your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, you must:
- be applying for your first undergraduate degree
- be admissible to the first-choice degree you are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- be an international student – neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada – and be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit (student visa)
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college, or another university
You must be nominated by the high school you are currently attending or recently graduated from, or the college/university you are transferring from. When you are confirmed for nomination by your school, college, or university, your institution must use the International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination package.
We encourage you to submit your application for admission to UBC early. This will ensure that you have an admission decision in time for award nomination consideration.
- Your nomination package must be postmarked by November 15, 2017.
- You must complete the online application for academic admission to UBC no later than December 1, 2017.
- You must meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard by January 31, 2018.
Although you can specify two degree choices in your application for admission, your award consideration will be based only on your first-choice degree.
Learn more and download the nomination form here: SCHOLARSHIP LINK