The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) was launched by the United States government as a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. Supporting this progress, the Accra Regional Leadership Centre (RLC), as part of the United States government initiative, Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI), will offer an innovative and game changing leadership training program in Africa. The program will be hosted by Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
- At the end of the programs, participants will be awarded certificate and become a member of the yali alumni
- Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership and prepare them for a leadership role in their various endeavors.
- Participants will acquire and understand modern concepts, policies, and practices to effectively manage people
Business and Entrepreneurship
This track caters to the range of emerging or aspiring entrepreneurs who expect to take on leadership roles within the private sector or build their own business ventures on the continent.
This track is oriented to those who are or aspire to be civically engaged and serve the public through non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, or volunteerism.
This track is tailored to those who work or aspire to work at any level of government (including elected positions), regional organizations such as the African Union or the West Africa Community, international organizations such as the United Nations, or other publicly minded organizations or think tanks
Who Should Apply?
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana/Nigeria, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
To find out more and apply, visit: http://www.yaliwestafrica.org/